This page is dedicated entirely to Finnegan, because we’re a little obsessed with him.
If you didn’t already know, Finnegan is our 180 lb bundle of love newfoundland. We brought Finn home when he was just 10 weeks old and we’ve been in love ever since. We would have loved to have had Finn in our wedding ceremony, but that amount of slobber is apparently frowned upon within the church. Instead, we decided he can have a shout out here. In case you’re curious, below is a little fact sheet on Finn and some answers to the most frequently asked questions we receive.
Finnegan Fact Sheet
- Full Name: Sir Finnegan of Cambridge
- Birthday: October 14, 2012 (He turns 4 this year!)
- Favorite snack: Spoonfuls of peanut butter and carrots
- Celebrity look-a-like: The newfie on the Fresh Pet dog food commercial ( Seriously… Watch the video here! Finn’s doppelgänger is on about 12 seconds in!)
- Nicknames: Finn, Monkey, Baby Boy
- Favorite Hobby: Lounging in his baby pool on a nice summer’s day
- How big is he?!?
- Finn is about 180 lbs. and if he stood straight up on his back legs, he would be close to 6 ft tall. We have been told on more than one occasion by many people, including vets, that he is the biggest dog they’ve ever seen.
- How much does he eat?
- About 4 cups of dry food and one can of wet food per day
- How much does he slobber?
- A lot! There are old sheets and blankets over all of the furniture.
- Does he shed?
- Yes! His groomer once told me that she filled 2 full trash bags with his undercoat.
- Where does he sleep?
- When his knees were good, he used to sleep with us in our Queen bed. We like to snuggle
- Aren’t you afraid to have children with him in the home?
- I’d be more worried about other people around a child than I would Finn. He loves kids!